Ernest Noronhaqueerink | 17th Feb, 2015
Project manager at UNDP, India
Ernest Noronha completed her Bachelor’s in Mass Media and Management from Mumbai University in 2005. In 2007, she completed Masters in Business Administration from Allahabad University (India) and went on to complete a para-professional diploma in community based social work. She has had 12 years of progressive experience in managing diverse HIV programmes in India. She is a highly experienced project manager in the United Nations system (UNDP) and non-profit/community-based sectors, providing technical support to a range of initiatives and campaigns with a focus on challenging health and social developmental issues, including HIV/AIDS, empowerment of women and indigenous persons, and human rights within the context of health and social development. Since 2009, she has been working as a programme officer (Social Mobilization Portfolio) at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), India. She has received the Commonwealth grant to work with youth and adolescents in Mumbai and Thane district on HIV/AIDS and sexuality issues.
Gorgeous Ernest Noronha
South Asia @ Transgender and Hijra Consultation
Advancing Trans/Hijra Rights and Health in South Asia: Sub-Regional input to the Asia-Pacific Transgender Blueprint
3-5 February 2015
Major Training Programs Attended
- Intervention Among Women in Prostitution conducted by Mumbai District AIDS Control Society
- Intervention Among Truck Drivers conducted by Sosva Training and Promotion Institute
- Social Marketing of Sexual Health Products conducted by STAPI, Pune and HLFPPT Mumbai
- HIV/AIDS: Training of Trainers conducted by Mumbai District AIDS Control Society
- Developing Public Private Partnership for workplace Intervention conducted by Indian Institute for Labour Studies
- Sensitization Program on HIV/AIDS intervention for NGO leaders conducted by Family Planning Association of India
- Communication strategy for the state of Maharashtra conducted by USAID
- Communication strategy for workers and labourers conducted by Indian Labour Organisation
- Was the principal investigator for a baseline study on female sex workers in Bhandup, Sonapur area.
- Coordinated the district-level Resource Mapping Program and Socio-Economic Survey Program using volunteers in Mumbai.
- Conducted needs assessment study among 100 truck drivers in Mumbai and among 50 sex workers and their partners.
- Coordinated a documentation study on ‘Police Violence on sex workers and sexual minorities in Mumbai and Thane District’.
- Lead mapping of vulnerable populations and resource mapping of Thane district.
- Conducted project baseline and needs assessment of transgenders and hijras in Malad Malwani area for Sakhi Charchowghi Trust.