2016 Call for short film scripts
Are you a story teller?
Queer Ink Productions is looking for stories to turn into short films of approximately 8 minutes. These stories should depict aspects of sexualities and gender diversities of India which will represent queer India.
We invite you to explore the different genres of drama, romance, musical, horror and science fiction. Whether you choose to charm us or serenade us, frighten or alarm us, but entertain us with a story that takes a hold of our imagination.
Guidelines for Submission
• The duration of your script should be approximately 8 minutes
• Screenplays must be the original works of the writer. Please get them registered with relevant agency before sending them to us.
• Include a brief synopsis of your script.
• Limit your story locations to two within the same city.
• The writer has to be 18 or older.
• We reserve the right to publicize and promote any and all progress, development and success of the entered scripts.
• Multiple entries are accepted.
• Multiple authorship is acceptable. If the screenplay wins an award, that award will be divided amongst the writers.
• Include name, address, email address, contact number and title on the cover page of your script. Please DO NOT include any such details in header or footer on the mansucript.
• You could submit scripts in English, Hindi or Marathi.
• Do not send someone else’s coming out experience or ‘Meet, greet, do you have a place, let’s have sex’ kind of screenplays.
• Do not send stories where the characters ‘opt for’ a queer lifestyle because of a failed heteronormative relationship.
• Do not send inflammatory religious writings.
• We explicitly do not accept works depicting pornography, rape, incest, child abuse, bestiality, graphic violence for the sake of it, and paedophilia (adult sex with minors which is NOT the same as homosexuality).
• 100 – 200 word synopsis of your short film.
• Ensure that your script carries sketch of the main characters, and a scene wise detailed screenplay with dialogues.
• What is the visual look and feel you wish to achieve for your story?
Email address: QShorts@queer-ink.com
Last date of submission: 30 June 2016
We will email an acknowledgement of receipt of your work within 24 hours.
Writers will be notified of the result of selection by July 31, 2016